December 28, 2011 § 1 Comment
It’s been a minute since my last post. Here’s a brief update on what’s been going on.
FILLING MY HEAD WITH
- Watching: Cave of Forgotten Dreams; La Blogotheque’s take away shows: Saul Williams (I thought he was dead), Aloe Blacc, and Femi Kuti are good ones; Hesher.
- Reading before I start classes again: The New Jim Crow (a scary read), Jesus and the Disinherited (a good read), Discovering Girard (an eye-opening read), and Blessed are the Organized (an inspiring read)
- Listening: I haven’t been listening to much music lately. I need some new stuff. All recommendations welcome.
- Princeton Theological Seminary: I just want to know when we move…
- Weather: I have long hair. I also have big ears. The problem is this: Since I have long hair, I can’t wear a beanie. This means that my ears are very very cold–all the time. No, I will not wear ear muffs.
- New Friends: I’ve made good friends here. This has saved my sanity and life.
- Free Mumia: The December 9th event was good for my soul. Kenda Creasy Dean, at our convocation ceremony, reminded us seminarians that we are doing what we are doing because lives are at stake. I’m not sure she had Mumia in mind, but the event drove home the point for me.
- The Dude Abides: We (that is, Sarah and myself) like to have people over. We’ve been lucky enough to have two successful parties at our apartment. Good times, indeed.
- Visitors: We’ve had a lot of people drop by from various places to stay at our apartment. It’s been busy, but well worth it.
- If we ever do get a move in date, we’ll have a two bedroom. That means if you choose to visit and stay with us, you don’t have to sleep on the floor! Jersey anyone?