November 27, 2011 § Leave a comment
One of the hardest things about leaving for PTS was leaving OCCEC, our church. I’ve never really “church-shopped” before and wasn’t sure about how to go about choosing a new church. Luckily we stumbled upon a gem out here. Meet our new church: Kingston United Methodist Church
This is a good place with good people and we hope to commit what time we have to KUMC for the rest of our stay while at PTS.
September 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
Sunday, after trying out a new church, was the first time I’ve felt home sick.
Also, today I set off the smoke detector because my shower created too much steam. This happened at 6:45 in the AM. Worst morning ever. I may have cursed.
September 17, 2011 § 2 Comments
Well, we’ve been here for roughly 2 weeks now and we’re still living. Here are a few thoughts on life in Princeton thus far:
Warning: this is kind of a long post.
August 7, 2011 § 1 Comment
Last night Sarah and I enjoyed a special time with our church. I was hoping that we would be able to just sit there and get our egos filled by people uncontrollably sobbing and telling us life won’t be the same with out us. However, I was told that I might have to say something. I am usually an extremely inarticulate person, so I thought I had better prepare something to say on behalf of the Harris’. This is what I said (in case you were there and couldn’t understand me between MY uncontrollable sobs):
July 28, 2011 § 1 Comment
A brief update on what’s been going on.
FILLING MY HEAD WITH
- Watching: Ingmar Bergman’s trilogy on faith and Chappelle’s Show.
- Reading: Augustine, Hauerwas, Barth, and Philip K. Dick
- Listening: Mos Def (from Black Star to Blakroc), Portishead, and A Tribe Called Quest (In honor of the new documentary)
- Princeton Theological Seminary: They won’t let me register. I still don’t have a move in date. Damn, I’m seriously getting beyond frustrated. Jerks.
- Money: It’s a bitch.
- Time: She’s moving a bit too fast.
- OCCEC: Man, I’m going to miss this church.
- New Friends: I’ve been lucky enough to meet some new people who, for some reason, like to hang out now and again. It’s been fun and I’m grateful.
- Soccer: Been playing a lot of soccer lately now that my ankle has healed. I’ve missed it and I’m loving it. Not to mention that I’m KILLING it out there!
- Planning: Though stressful at times, talking about and making plans for the next few years with the wifey has been a lot of fun. I’m excited; we’re excited.
- Initially we were planning on making our move a mini vacation. That is no longer happening. We grossly underestimated the costs of moving cross-country and neglected to factor in the up front costs of attending PTS. Oh well, it is what it is.
- Also, we have a tentative departure date—August 30th. To my So Cal people: August 30th is just over 4 weeks away. If you want to chill, get at me – now!