February 19, 2012 § Leave a comment
First, I’d like to apologize to the faithful few who read this blog for my lack of updates and posts. Since my last post in January, a lot has gone on: Sarah and I moved; I took a 3-week intensive class; I went on a road trip; I started a new semester; and lastly, I got sick.
Life as I’ve come to know it here is back on track and I’ve settled back down into a more “normal” routine. If you’d like to see some pics of the new place, we recently had a friend visit and she posted a few on her blog. Check them out here: Fashion and Tea
Shout out to Crystal Yuan: Happy Birthday and thanks for reminding me to update this blog.
Discursive Thoughts On My “Race” « Read the rest of this entry »
August 7, 2011 § 1 Comment
Last night Sarah and I enjoyed a special time with our church. I was hoping that we would be able to just sit there and get our egos filled by people uncontrollably sobbing and telling us life won’t be the same with out us. However, I was told that I might have to say something. I am usually an extremely inarticulate person, so I thought I had better prepare something to say on behalf of the Harris’. This is what I said (in case you were there and couldn’t understand me between MY uncontrollable sobs):
July 28, 2011 § 1 Comment
A brief update on what’s been going on.
FILLING MY HEAD WITH
- Watching: Ingmar Bergman’s trilogy on faith and Chappelle’s Show.
- Reading: Augustine, Hauerwas, Barth, and Philip K. Dick
- Listening: Mos Def (from Black Star to Blakroc), Portishead, and A Tribe Called Quest (In honor of the new documentary)
- Princeton Theological Seminary: They won’t let me register. I still don’t have a move in date. Damn, I’m seriously getting beyond frustrated. Jerks.
- Money: It’s a bitch.
- Time: She’s moving a bit too fast.
- OCCEC: Man, I’m going to miss this church.
- New Friends: I’ve been lucky enough to meet some new people who, for some reason, like to hang out now and again. It’s been fun and I’m grateful.
- Soccer: Been playing a lot of soccer lately now that my ankle has healed. I’ve missed it and I’m loving it. Not to mention that I’m KILLING it out there!
- Planning: Though stressful at times, talking about and making plans for the next few years with the wifey has been a lot of fun. I’m excited; we’re excited.
- Initially we were planning on making our move a mini vacation. That is no longer happening. We grossly underestimated the costs of moving cross-country and neglected to factor in the up front costs of attending PTS. Oh well, it is what it is.
- Also, we have a tentative departure date—August 30th. To my So Cal people: August 30th is just over 4 weeks away. If you want to chill, get at me – now!
April 19, 2011 § Leave a comment
The Bad: New Jersey is not as “fresh” as LA.
Quite simply, I love LA. I’m going to miss shows like this.
April 10, 2011 § 4 Comments
My biggest fear about attending PTS is that I’m going to fail. I fear that I’m going to be sitting in a class or having a discussion with a professor or classmate and suddenly realize that I’m in way over my head.
“What the hell am I doing here?”